POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : [Announce]: POVInclude V1.1.5 - Standard controls : Re: [Announce]: POVInclude V1.1.5 - Standard controls Server Time
18 May 2024 00:17:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [Announce]: POVInclude V1.1.5 - Standard controls
From: Neil Kolban
Date: 28 Jan 2005 11:41:10
Message: <41fa6b26$1@news.povray.org>
Marc,
I am with you.  My intent was not to provide a full "POV-Ray" code inserter.
There already is one as a plugin.

See ...
http://www.lightning-generator.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=Moray_plugins&file=index

From there, you can enter arbitrary POV-Ray code (including #includes,
#declares and more).  What POV-Include was designed to do was to visualize a
single POV-Ray scripted object as a bounding box in Moray.  The code
inserter mentioned above does not provide any vizualization of the generated
objects.

From my understanding of the Moray plugin APIs, I simply don't know how to
add a new "folder area".  I can add new dialogs and choose what goes in the
POVInclude folder area, but adding a new one is a challenge.  Also, settings
variables is a very specific task, one that only a fraction of POVInclude
users may want.

I'd like to go with the general solution of adding a "Code" entry dialog if
this will suffice.  If this is no good and doesn't meet your needs, please
post back.  I don't want to spend time on a feature that won't be used.

Neil